|Crixler's New Lightsaber Crystal Pack I (2.0) - File Description
| Description: |
Crixler returns with an update for his "Crixler's New Lightsaber Crystal Pack" which was a modification for the original Knights of the Old Republic game, I shall quote part of my original review which is still applicable, and then quote the authors changes for version two.
The original review;
"Crixler makes a KotOR Files début with a lightsaber colour mod for the original Knights of the Old Republic game; it adds many different colours such as cyan, black, white and silver. The mods competently done and comes with TSLpatcher which will make compatibility with mods a lot easier! The black and white lightsaber colours are a bit strange in my opinion; but personally I never thought that such lightsaber colours made sense; but some of you like the idea and this mod contains enough lightsaber colours to make most happy. The author has also tweaked the yellow lightsaber to be a bit more yellow and, I think does look much improved. All and all this is an impressive début mod."
"This mod will primarily add a few new color crystals for your lightsabers. It adds Cyan, which looks looks similar to Mantle of the Force, but is a little different, as well as non-unique. It also adds orange, viridian, bronze, silver, black, and white. Additionally, it will add a a new color exclusive to Bastila based on her concept art, using a fixed version of Gavroche's mod. The second major feature is replacing all the lightsaber textures with higher quality flickering ones, using Shem's Prequel Sabers 2.0 and Mono_Giganto's flickering blades mod as a base. A few side-features of this mod are making the yellow crystal more yellow, and changing the icons for blue and Heart of the Guardian sabers to better match the blade color."
All in all this is both an improvement on the in game lightsabers and on the original mod; as you can see from the screenshots, so if you want new lightsaber colours this mod could well be for you!
Enjoy! -- jonathan7
Please leave the author praise and constructive criticism; which are often far more valuable than rating mods...
Mod Rating: Basic
| || || |
|Crixler's New Lightsaber Crystal Pack I (2.0) - Screenshots |
| Screenshots: |
|Crixler's New Lightsaber Crystal Pack I (2.0) - File Download Options
Primary Download Locations:
| || Name: |
| Worldwide Mirror by FileFront |
| || || |
|Crixler's New Lightsaber Crystal Pack I (2.0) - Readme |
| Readme File: |
Crixler's New Lightsaber Crystal Pack I
What it does:
This mod will primarily add a few new color crystals for your lightsabers. It adds Cyan, which looks looks similar to Mantle of the Force, but is a little different, as well as non-unique. It also adds orange, viridian, bronze, silver, black, and white. Additionally, it will add a a new color exclusive to Bastila based on her concept art, using a fixed version of Gavroche's mod. The second major feature is replacing all the lightsaber textures with higher quality flickering ones, using Shem's Prequel Sabers 2.0 and Mono_Giganto's flickering blades mod as a base. A few side-features of this mod are making the yellow crystal more yellow, and changing the icons for blue and Heart of the Guardian sabers to better match the blade color.
Changes from Version 1:
- Replaced all the saber textures with flickering Shem based ones, including all the core sabers.
- Added a new Bastila exclusive crystal based on her concept art.
- Fixed a bug where the double-bladed orange saber would appear cyan.
- There may be a few other small changes that I can't recall. I think I changed the viridian icon a little.
Changes from Shem's Prequel Sabers 2.0:
- They all now have flickering cores
- Made Heart of the Guardian and Mantle of the Force more resemble their original colors
- His unmodified versions of the above have been changed to Orange and Cyan, respectively
- Made Yellow, Bronze, and Orange brighter
- Several additional colors
Changes from Mono_Giganto's Flickering Lightsaber Blades:
- New colors
- New textures
Changes from Gavroche's New Colour for Bastila's Lightsaber (1.1):
- Added the ability to put Bastila's crystal in a regular or short lightsaber without crashing the game
- Fixed a bug where putting Heart of the Guardian in a double-bladed lightsaber would appear use Bastila's color
- Changed the crystal icon to match blade color
- Changed the saber icon to better match the color of the blade
- Changed the Blade texture to use Shem's as a base, and to flicker
Run Crixlers_new_saber_crystals_pack1_v1.exe to install the Mod.
To uninstall, just delete the following files:
To get the new saber crystals, you'll need to use cheats or KSE.
Cyan: giveitem g_w_sbrcrstl22
Orange: giveitem g_w_sbrcrstl23
Viridian: giveitem g_w_sbrcrstl24
Bronze: giveitem g_w_sbrcrstl25
Silver: giveitem g_w_sbrcrstl26
Black: giveitem g_w_sbrcrstl27
White: giveitem g_w_sbrcrstl28
Bastila's, however, you will automatically get when you free her from Bejik. If you're already past that point, use this code: giveitem crys_bast.uti
Compatibility and known bugs:
This mod modifies upcrystals.2da, and may or may not be compatible with other mods that do this as well.
The white saber may look simply like a thick core, with no color. That's just due to the nature of the color, it's not a bug.
Not able to find the new crystals in game? That's because I haven't added them anywhere yet. Perhaps in a future version.
- Shem for his awesome saber textures I used as a base.
- Mono_Giganto for his excellent flickering core .txi files.
- Gavroche for his superb Bastila Crystal mod.
- Fred Tetra for KotOR Tool, tk102 for K-GFF Editor, The Gimp, Lucasarts, and Bioware.
THIS MODIFICATION IS PROVIDED AS-IS AND IS NOT SUPPORTED BY BIOWARE/OBSIDIAN ENTERTAINMENT OR LUCASARTS OR ANY LICENSERS/SPONSORS OF THE MENTIONED COMPANIES. USE OF THIS FILE IS AT YOUR OWN RISK AND THE ABOVE MENTIONED COMPANIES OR THE AUTHOR IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE CAUSED TO YOUR COMPUTER FOR THE USAGE OF THIS FILE.
|Crixler's New Lightsaber Crystal Pack I (2.0) - User Comments
The following comments are owned by the user that posted them. KOTOR 2 Files is not responsible for their content.
Total comments: 56 | Last comment: 06-21-2014 at 19:56
Click the symbol to expand all comments (view full comments)
When posting comments, you must follow these rules:
The high interactivity of this site should be considered a luxury, not a right. If you cannot follow these simple rules, you can and will be warned or banned from the comments, site or the entire network for any period of time.
- No "Yay I got First Post!" posts, no exceptions and no matter what other content the post has!
- No Pornographic Material. Any sexually oriented imagery or links to such content will not be tolerated.
- No Warez or Illegal Software. This includes linking to software, posting about it, and suggesting to get it.
- No Cursing or Swear words. We encourage you to use our comment sections as a forum to debate files, news, etc., but please use proper adjectives to express yourself. We will not tolerate abuse upon another member or author.
- No Attacks / Retaliation of any kind against a member, or group of members.
- Please do not advertise for other sites or forums here.
- Maximum of 3 smileys per regular member.
Now enjoy yourself and behave!