|Kaoru's Fenris Armor - File Description
| Description: |
ChAiNz.2da returns!!! Which I'm sure will make many of you excited, although unfortunately ChAiNz.2da has not returned to modding, but has decided to release to the public for the first time a previously unreleased Knights of the Old Republic game. Essentially this contains Jedi Armour which allows Force Power use, which I'm sure will prove popular with many of you. The mod, is as you would expect excellent and upto ChAiNz usual exceptional standards.
The mod does however come with several slight inconveniences firstly the mod was made pre-TSL patcher days and edits baseitems.2da this means that to make the mod compatible with other mods which use this file combing the two files manually is required. Furthermore the item is not placed in game which means using cheats is required to wear the armour.
Despite the above issues this is a great mod, by one of the communities finest and ChAiNz has produced a very good looking set of armour, be sure to check out the screenshots to see what the modder has made.
Enjoy! -- jonathan7
Please leave the author praise and constructive criticism; which are often far more valuable than rating mods...
Mod Rating: Between Basic and Advanced
| || || |
|Kaoru's Fenris Armor - Screenshots |
| Screenshots: |
|Kaoru's Fenris Armor - File Download Options
Primary Download Locations:
| || Name: |
| Worldwide Mirror by FileFront |
| || || |
|Kaoru's Fenris Armor - Readme |
| Readme File: |
Authors name :
See my other Mods at:
firstname.lastname@example.org (please put 'Kotor' somewhere in the subject)
Kaoru's Fenris Armor
Length of time to make :
Apx 3-4 days, off & on
*** IMPORTANT NOTE ****
This mod includes a new textured Heavy Armor that allows Jedi Force Powers (much like my Segan Wyndh Armor).
This is a VERY OLD mod I had made for someone that somehow never reached the general public. Unfortunately it's not as finished as I'd like. This was pre-TSL patcher days so it requires some manual editing if you are already using a baseitems.2da.. otherwise just drop it in the override and go for it.. hehehe.
Also, because it was initially a personal mod (user never uploaded it with the changes that were to be made) it has no "in-game" way of retrieval. Console cheat only. Sorry about that everyone. :(
Since I don't have the games or tools installed, this is unlikely to change, however I have included broad permissions if anyone wishes to add it to their own mod, etc. etc.
The mask in the screenies is NOT included (it's just the game's standard Sith Mask anyways) ;)
Description of Mod:
Kaoru's Fenris Armor
Long before the new age Jedi, a warrior walked the worlds. He was known as Fenris, named after the god he served. He wielded several artifacts in his campain over evil. This armor is one. Thought to have been created before the lightsaber or blaster, this armor is an excellent suit that still stands up today. It's alloy reflects blaster fire and provides excellent protection against melee weapons, including Lightsabers.
Max Dexterity Bonus +8
NO Force Power Restrictions
NO Minimum Requirements
readme.txt (Description & Installation)
baseitems.2da** (Baseitem file to allow the NO restrictions feature)
fenris_armor65.mdl (Armor Model)
fenris_armor.mdx (Armor Model helper file)
ia_class9_065.tga (Armor Icon)
PMBH65.tga (Armor Skin)
fenris_armor.uti (Armor Properties File)
Just extract all files into your Kotor override directory.
** This mod utilizes a baseitems.2da file (included). If you are already using this type of file, some editing will be required. If not, just drop that puppy in your Kotor Override directory and you're set! This .2da file IS compatible with my Segan Wyndh's Armor Mod.
Editing Steps: (Be sure to backup any existing "baseitem.2da" file)
1- Using Fred Tetra's Kotor Tool (see special thanks below), open the "baseitems.2da" file in your Kotor Override directory.
2- <Right-Click> on Line 43 of the list and click <copy>
3- Scroll down to the end of your list and <Right-Click> on the row labeled "*", click <paste>
4- Click on the row labeled "(Row Label)" and change entry to the next available (consecutive) number in your list. (It's very important to remember THIS particular number)
5- In the column named "label" change entry to "Kaoru_Fenris_Armor" (without quotes, WITH underscore)
6- Scroll waaaay over to the right (a little over half-way) and in the column(s) named "reqfeat" (there are 5 total, ending with 0-4) change each of these entries to "****" (without quotes)
7- OK, 3 columns over to the right there's one named "dexbonus", change this entry to "8" (without quotes)
8- Next, scroll to the end and change the column "itemtype" value to "38"
9- After that, in the next to last column, change the entry to "leather". I'm not quite sure if this DOES affect anything, but it definitely doesn't hurt and it seems to pull off what it was intended to do ;)
10- SAVE file (baseitem.2da) and exit Kotor Tools. Make sure this file is (or will be) dropped into your Override Folder
11- Using GFF Editor (or similiar - see special thanks below), open the "fenris_armor.uti" file in your Kotor Override directory (or wherever it's being kept at the moment).
12- Expand your tree (list) so you can see the entry "BaseItem", usually 2 lines down and click on it.
13- On the right, you should see a screen with a number entry of "93". Change this number to whatever number the Line was in your edited "baseitems.2da" file (see step 4)
14- Click on any other line and make sure the BaseItems new number took affect.
15- If so, save the file and exit GFF Editor :) if not, repeat steps 12-14
- If you want to add additional properties to this armor using Kotor Tool, you'll need to open the "fenris_armor.uti" with GFF Editor first and change the BaseItem number to "43", click on any other line so the change takes effect and then save. Otherwise, Kotor Tool will give you an error message trying to open it.
- Once you've made your changes in Kotor Tool, save the file (fenris_armor.uti). THEN re-open it with GFF Editor and change the BaseItems value back to the number referenced in your "baseitems.2da" file (default value is 93). Click on another line so the changes take effect, then save (fenris_armor.uti). (Once again, make sure the file is in your Override Folder).
1- with cheats enabled, type "~" (without quotes) and enter:
2- Press "ENTER"
Just delete all the files associated with this mod.
Permissions: Go ape. You have my permission to do whatever you wish with it. Just please give credit.
Special thanks to:
- KaoruSoulreaper for having enough faith in me to custom make this armor.
- Holowan Laboratories for all the great resources!
- Kitty Kitty who compiled the VERY useful Tools and mods list
- Fred Tetra for the Kotor Tool app, outstanding!
- Roboius for the GFF Editor, a great supplement to Fred's Kotor Tool
- cchargin for the KMM mod manager prog, a lifesaver!
- Darth333 for the Easy Warping Armband, a must to test any mod!
- Jackel for this 'readme' template!
- To everyone else I may have forgotten, and to all who have tried this mod out (or at least got this far in the readme)...Thank you!
This Mod is not supported by LucasArts or Bioware. Please do not contact them for support of this mod.
Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic, characters, items, etc. are trademarks
and copyrights owned by their respective trademark and copyright holders.
Bioware and the Odyysey Engine are trademarks of Bioware Corp.
All trademarks and copyrights contained in this document are owned by their
respective trademark and copyright holders.
|Kaoru's Fenris Armor - User Comments
The following comments are owned by the user that posted them. KOTOR 2 Files is not responsible for their content.
Total comments: 5 | Last comment: 11-21-2010 at 04:41
Joined: February 26th, 2010
|Exceptional! Downloading! |
Joined: June 21st, 2009
|looks good hope this is the start of his return to modding |
Joined: September 3rd, 2010
|whoo!!!!!! ChAiNz is back |
Joined: July 30th, 2010
|"Which I'm sure will make many of you excited, although unfortunately ChAiNz.2da has not returned to modding, but has decided to release to the public for the first time a previously unreleased Knights of the Old Republic game." |
Learn to read Number 2...
Joined: November 21st, 2010
|I have registered here just to be able to post my congrats to ChAiNz2da for this absolutely stunnig work. Once installed, first time I saw it in-game my jaw dropped to the floor. The quality of the texturing (above all the plates' embroidery) is, plainly, incredible. Moreover, while the color scheme is inverted, this reminds me so mucho of Crimson Empire's Kir Kanos and Carnor Jax armors that I couldn't help downloading it. Thank you very much! |
When posting comments, you must follow these rules:
The high interactivity of this site should be considered a luxury, not a right. If you cannot follow these simple rules, you can and will be warned or banned from the comments, site or the entire network for any period of time.
- No "Yay I got First Post!" posts, no exceptions and no matter what other content the post has!
- No Pornographic Material. Any sexually oriented imagery or links to such content will not be tolerated.
- No Warez or Illegal Software. This includes linking to software, posting about it, and suggesting to get it.
- No Cursing or Swear words. We encourage you to use our comment sections as a forum to debate files, news, etc., but please use proper adjectives to express yourself. We will not tolerate abuse upon another member or author.
- No Attacks / Retaliation of any kind against a member, or group of members.
- Please do not advertise for other sites or forums here.
- Maximum of 3 smileys per regular member.
Now enjoy yourself and behave!