|M4-78 - File Description
| Description: |
Knights of the Old Republic II: The Sith Lords had a lot of cut content. So much was cut that three years ago Team Gizka was formed and started making the TSL Restoration Project. One of the projects they decided not to restore was the planet that was cut, M4-78. It’s a droid planet and now you have the chance to explore another planet.
Remember on Korriban when you find Master Lonna Vash dead? Well, what if that part was removed and she is found alive and well on M4-78. How about sparing her if you’re on the light side of the Force and she later joins up with Jedi Masters Kavar, Ell, and Vrook on Dantooine near the end of the game? Sound like fun?
All those things are possible with DStoney64’s FileFront debut. This mod is has been in the works a very long time. This restores M4-78 as closely as it was originally to be. This mod was going to be a part of the Team Exile’s K2RP, but when that team disbanded, DStoney64 decided to take his project solo which was good because all that work shouldn’t die.
There was so much work behind it that it will require a fresh game in order for everything to work well. You will find some additional voiced dialogue in this mod so there will be no mute dialogue to worry about. I had fun listening to all the new audio put into this mod when evaluating it. Given the size and time it would take to play it, I just didn’t have the time if you guys want it up as soon as possible, so I’ll have to try it out later and give my thoughts in the comments once I do. Besides, gotta leave some surprises.
The TSL Patcher will be used to install this mod so no worries to those who have no modding skills. Enjoy M4-78!
Note: Please leave the author feedback, especially if you download this mod and use it. It really helps encourage the author to make more mods in the future.
UPDATE: Make sure you download the 1.1a patch and the movies after you install this mod:
| || || |
|M4-78 - Screenshots |
| Screenshots: |
|M4-78 - File Download Options
Primary Download Locations:
| || Name: |
| Worldwide Mirror by FileFront |
| || || |
|M4-78 - Readme |
| Readme File: |
IMPORTANT NOTE! THE INSTALL WILL FAIL IF THIS IS NOT DONE FIRST!
1) The following files in the "Modules" folder, located here "C:Program FilesLucasArtsSWKotOR2Modules" by default must have "Read-only" unchecked for the installer to function properly:
To do this quickly right click on the "Modules" folder and select "Properties". Under the "General" tab near the bottom uncheck "Read-only" and click the "Apply" button (if "Read-only" was not checked skip to step 2). A new window will pop up. Select "Apply changes to this folder, subfolders, and files" and click OK.
2) Additionally, "650DAN_loc.mod"and”localization.mod” located here "C:Program FilesLucasArtsSWKotOR2lips" by default, must also be unchecked as "Read-only".
3) Also make sure that both the "TSLPatcher.exe" file and the "tslpatchdata" folder are located in the same folder and that that folder is NOT within the SWKotORII folder hierarchy.
(Read the included Read me for more through instructions)
Once the steps above have been completed click the "Install Mod" button below to proceed with the installation.
Note that a folder named "backup" will be created within the folder the installer is run from and must be saved if the mod is to ever be uninstalled.
Attached below is the included read me file:
A KNIGHTS OF THE OLD REPUBLIC II: (THE SITH LORDS) MODIFICATION
M4-78 addon Mod
Contact:PM at Lucas Forums
Name: M4-78 addon Modv1.1
File Size: 41mb
This mod adds the planet of M4-78 by removing Vash from Korriban and adding her to M4-78 and for her to be at Dantooine if left alive. These issues include various dialogs, scripting, and game play issues, for a complete list of changes see below. . This is a stand alone mod; however, the idea is that once Team Gizka is finished with their TSLRP this will be made fully compatible. Note that this mod is currently only for the English versions of the game, other language versions are not supported. Great care has been taken to ensure compatibility with other mods but I make no promises. Lastly, by its vary nature this mod effects 702Korriban, the 003EbonHawk,the galaxy map. It also adds the EbonHawk container to the cargo hold , also 650DAN the meeting with the Jedi Masters at the end as well as a whole new list of globals for M478 and will require starting a new game in order for it to work properly.
(It is highly recommended that you update your game to version 2.10 (the 1.0b update) before installing this mod.)
1) Extract the "M4-78 v1.1 Addon" mod, taking care to insure that both the "Setup - RUN THIS TO INSTALL M4-78 MOD.exe" file and "tslpatchdata" folder are extracted to the same folder (these files can be extracted to any folder on your hard drive EXCEPT those within the SWKotOR2 folder hierarchy). Also note that simply copying the files within "tslpatchdata" to your "Override" folder will not properly install the mod.
2) The following files in the "Modules" folder, located here "C:Program FilesLucasArtsSWKotOR2Modules" by default, must be unchecked as "Read-only" for the installer to function properly:
To do this quickly right click on the "Modules" folder and select "Properties". Under the "General" tab near the bottom uncheck "Read-only" and click the "Apply" button (if "Read-only" was not checked skip to step 2). A new window will pop up. Select "Apply changes to this folder, subfolders, and files" and click OK. If you woule rather do this individually for each file you may do so, however, no harm will be done by unselecting "Read-only" for the entire folder.
3) Additionally, "650DAN_loc.mod"and”localization_loc.mod”, located here "C:Program FilesLucasArtsSWKotOR2lips" by default, must also be unchecked as "Read-only". Right click on the file select "Properties". Under the "General" tab near the bottom uncheck "Read-only" and click the "Apply" button.
4) Once "Read-only" has been unchecked for each file, run the "Setup - RUN THIS TO INSTALL M4-78 MOD.exe" file that was extracted earlier to begin installation of the mod.
5) Once installed simply start a new game.
Note a new folder named "backup" will be created during insanitation within the folder the installer was run from. If you plan on uninstalling this mod this folder and the files therein must not be deleted as they are used during the uninstall process.
The files listed below may have been modified during the installation of this mod:
Within "C:Program FilesLucasArtsSWKotOR2Modules”
Added within "C:Program FilesLucasArtsSWKotOR2Modules"
Modified Within "C:Program FilesLucasArtsSWKotOR2lips"
Added Within "C:Program FilesLucasArtsSWKotOR2lips"
Within "C:Program FilesLucasArtsSWKotOR2Override"
Backups of any file that was altered were made during installation and placed in a folder called "backup" within the folder the installer was run from.
1) To uninstall the mod, open your "Override" folder, located here "C:Program FilesLucasArtsSWKotOR2Overide" by default, and delete ONLY the files listed above under the "Override" heading.
2) Next open the "backup" folder that was created during installation and replace the files listed above with the files contained within. If a file listed above is missing from the "backup" folder, don't worry, no change was made to that file and it does not have to be replaced.
When trying to enter Archon1 the trigger is in front of the door you can’t enter the Bld. This is
A walkmesh issue that at this time cannot be fixed.
The doors in the Env zone, there is a delay before walking through.
5. Mod Compatibility:
This mod is NOT compatible with The Lonna Vash mod which moves her to the sith tomb
6. Distribution Notes:
This mod may not be modified or distributed without the explicit permission of the author. If you have questions PM me at Lucas forums.
My thanks go out to:
The modders who have spent their time creating fantastic modding tools: Dashus and JdNoa for DeNCS Script Decompiler, Fred Tetra for Kotor Tool, stoffe for ERFEditor, TalkEd, and TSLPatcher, and tk102 for DLGEditor and K-GFFEditor and Team Gizka for their source files and lastly the modders and community of LucasForums.com for without their help this would not be
Others that deserve a special Thanks are
Quanon modeler creator of the Archons and Skyboxes
Sharen_Thrawn for fixing the Skyboxes
Sith Holocron as M4-78 and for lots of other help he has given on this project.
Malpense for M4-78 dialog/storyline and beta tester
Actschp1 as Kaah
Swfan28 for his work on the enclave sequence
TSBasilisk for letting me use his puzzle ideas
Somnambulist as ES-05
Qui_Gon_Glenn beta tester
Pra_viilon Beta tester
Deady_Stream for giving me space on his forums
A lot of the source scripts modified for 003EBO and 650DAN are TEAM GIZKA source files and modified for this mod for compatibility with TSLRP.
(Quote)Permission by TSLRP
This is a collection of all scripts that we have created or modified. This archive is updated with every build. These scripts WILL CHANGE from build to build. In the meantime we hope they help ease mod compatibility changes.
Feel free to use/modify these. Preferably properly attributing their source.
THIS MODIFICATION IS PROVIDED AS-IS AND IS NOT SUPPORTED BY BIOWARE/OBSIDIAN ENTERTAINMENT OR LUCASARTS OR ANY LICENSERS/SPONSORS OF THE MENTIONED COMPANIES. USE OF THIS FILE IS AT YOUR OWN RISK AND THE ABOVE MENTIONED COMPANIES OR THE AUTHOR IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE CAUSED TO YOUR COMPUTER FOR THE USAGE OF THIS FILE.
|M4-78 - User Comments
The following comments are owned by the user that posted them. KOTOR 2 Files is not responsible for their content.
Total comments: 246 | Last comment: 02-18-2013 at 08:41
Click the symbol to expand all comments (view full comments)
When posting comments, you must follow these rules:
The high interactivity of this site should be considered a luxury, not a right. If you cannot follow these simple rules, you can and will be warned or banned from the comments, site or the entire network for any period of time.
- No "Yay I got First Post!" posts, no exceptions and no matter what other content the post has!
- No Pornographic Material. Any sexually oriented imagery or links to such content will not be tolerated.
- No Warez or Illegal Software. This includes linking to software, posting about it, and suggesting to get it.
- No Cursing or Swear words. We encourage you to use our comment sections as a forum to debate files, news, etc., but please use proper adjectives to express yourself. We will not tolerate abuse upon another member or author.
- No Attacks / Retaliation of any kind against a member, or group of members.
- Please do not advertise for other sites or forums here.
- Maximum of 3 smileys per regular member.
Now enjoy yourself and behave!